Sterilization Protocol at
American Dental Implant Center
We follow a strict 5-step sterilization protocol:
- Instruments are collected after each usage and immersed in a specific bactericidal concentrated solution for 10 minutes. They are then washed and hand scrubbed under running hot water for several minutes.
- Then they are immersed in an Ultrasonic Cleaner, with a hot biosonic solution that breaks down any remaining traces of debris on the instruments. They are then washed again and allowed to dry.
- The cleaned instruments are then packed into special sterilization pouches that have a specific indicator to monitor the efficiency of the sterilization.
- The pouches are then placed in the sterilization Autoclave (Sirona, Germany), which applies high pressure & heat (under) vacuum, to ensure the death of all the viral and bacterial microorganisms that might still be vital. This method is the one described by the ADA (American Dental Association) and approved worldwide; also it is 100% efficient against all bacterial and viral infections like TB (tuberculosis), HIV, hepatitis A, B & C etc.
- All of the surfaces, cabinets, cupboard, benches, Dr, patient and assistantís chairs are cleaned with special detergents & spray, that ensures the killing off all the microorganisms.